ContactSánchez Navarro, Jordi
The GAME group is interested in studying the transformations of contemporary communication practices, approaching the analysis of cultural models that are specific to the knowledge society and their close connection with the communication media.
The group's interests are channelled through various research lines:
- The role of entertainment and its consumption as a basic part of emergent models of collaborative and participative cultures that are characteristic of the knowledge society.
- The role of digital games in current society.
- The analysis of emergent digital and audiovisual literacy patterns and needs.
- The opening of spaces for inquiry and experimentation concerning learning environments and processes based on collaboration, creativity, entertainment and use of audiovisual technologies.
- Innovation in the online teaching of communication.
- The transformations in specific forms of communication – journalism, audiovisual, advertising – in today's society.