The aim of the app is to aid the creation of explanatory videos using drawing and writing on a digital blackboard. The app records the images of the explanation developed on the blackboard (drawing/text) and it also records the explanatory audio accompanying it, creating a video with the complete explanation. The resulting video can be shared on social media, edited with any other app or even emailed.
It is a highly versatile app that can be used in any sphere of knowledge, from developing mathematical formulae to explanations of the details of a work of art.
Among other aspects, the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya has designed and developed this app for:
- Bringing teachers and students closer together through a more intimate format than text.
- Offering digital supports for teaching and learning experiences.
- Finding channels that make learning easier and more enriching.
The version for the iOS and the version for Android are available. It is planned to launch an update of the version for iOS that will allow different projects to be managed and that will include new functions that can be activated using in-app purchases:
- Adding or deleting pages in each of the projects, and importing PDF files using Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Personalizing the project by changing the default watermark (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, UOC) for any other image.